Galop is the UK’s LGBT+ anti-abuse charity. Founded in 1982, we have been championing the needs and protecting the safety of the LGBT+ community for nearly 40 years. Galop works directly with thousands of LGBT+ people who have experienced abuse and violence every year. We specialise in supporting victims and survivors of domestic abuse, sexual violence, hate crime, and other forms of abuse including honour-based abuse, forced marriage, and so-called conversion therapies. We are a service run by LGBT+ people, for LGBT+ people, and the needs of our community are at the centre of what we do. We run two national support helplines: one for LGBT+ victims and survivors of domestic abuse, and the other for LGBT+ people who have experienced hate crime. We provide advocacy services, both in London and nationally, for LGBT+ victims who need longer-term support. We are person-centred, empowerment-based, and trauma-informed – meaning our focus is always on helping our clients decide what is best for them and then supporting them through their journey.
Overview of the Therapeutic Services Development Project
Galop intends to appoint a consultant to support and manage the set-up and initial development of therapeutic services for its clients. This is a new area of Galop’s work, and we are seeking an experienced professional to oversee and project manage the work around setting Galop up as an organisation to begin delivering therapeutic services to clients. We are seeking a consultant to:
- Develop a project plan and manage all internal and external consultation work
- Review all current Galop policies/procedures to ensure they meet the needs of therapeutic work
- Design a service spec based on need – number of sessions, referrals pathways, paperwork, advertising, internal referrals etc.
- Create therapy-specific procedures/handbook (e.g. note-taking, first disclosures, pre-trial guidance)
- Work with the Director of Services, CEO, and grant writer on identifying potential funding and writing funding bids for the service
- Create job descriptions/person specs for therapeutic lead/counsellors
- Create counsellor contracts/T&Cs
- Evaluate any needs around accreditation and prepare any related paperwork
- Identify any additional needs around the setup and development of the service
- Depending on the success of funding bids, work with the Director of Services to recruit staff to the new therapeutic service
Appointment of Consultants
This appointment will take place through a private tender, issues to a selected number of individuals and organisations with relevant skills and experience.
Galop will award a contract of up to six months to a maximum value of £30,000. This amount is inclusive of all time, expenses, relevant taxes, or other associated costs.
A firm timetable can be agreed with Galop following the appointment. All work must be completed by 31/3/2022 at the latest, and the project can run for up to six months prior to that date.
Interested parties can contact Leni Morris (CEO) to discuss this opportunity further via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All expressions of
interest must be received by 1/9/2021 and will be assessed as they are received so we encourage early application. Shortlisted tenders will be assessed as soon as possible after this date with an intention to appoint by 30/9/2021 at the latest. We reserve the right to withdraw this opportunity earlier if a suitable consultant is identified earlier and encourage tenders to be submitted as early as possible on that basis.